Join the Running Club
Get a great start to your day by becoming a member of the A.B. Paterson College Running Club.
As Athletics Captain, Declan Brown suggests in the video below taken earlier in the year, why not join them?
You can find more information on our website www.abpat.qld.edu.au/page/running-club or contact Director of Activities, Mr Ian Taylor with any questions.
Dads Do Drop-Off
A call out to all men, it is time to take action; Let’s raise the awareness of the It’s a Bloke Thing Foundation and support their associated sponsors to raise awareness of prostate health and the high incidence of prostate cancer. We want to empower men to take steps to manage their prostate health.
The Dad’s Do Drop Off event will be held on Monday 2 September from 7.15am to 8.30am.
Enjoy a free coffee, sausage sizzle and free workshop in Elderslie Theatre.
A.B. Mums and children/students are welcome to join our Dads for this morning of fun – children must be accompanied by a parent or caregiver.
Meet celebrities, watch some cool stunts and check out the awesome displays:
- Guy Andrews – “Guys Garage” - Three-time Uncle Tobys Ironman series champion, Ten-time Uncle Tobys Ironman series race winner, Australian Surf Ironman Champion Open and U18 and Three-time Australian Junior Ironman champion;
- Dean Ferris - Three-Time Moto Cross Champion;
- Jack Field – World Freestyle Trials Champ and Professional Stunt Performer www.flairriders.com;
- Rhianna Buchanan is a stuntwoman who has worked on major Hollywood films. Rhianna is Australia’s first ‘Monster Jam’ driver;
- Kris Frome, Drift Australia driver with his 750 horse power V8 turbo Nissan skyline R34;
- JSW Powersports, the world’s largest Sea-Doo dealer!;
- Giant cycles;
- Gold Coast Harley;
- Gardner Cars DRIFT Ranger.
Please visit the link to Facebook Event Page for assistance https://www.facebook.com/events/667475697107107/
A.B. Paterson College Public Speaking Competition
Each year over 1000 students enter the Public Speaking arena from the schools in and around the Gold Coast, as the College hosts its annual Public Speaking Competition.
Public Speaking is never an easy task, generating anxiety in most people, but like many unfamiliar and uncomfortable experiences, practice definitely helps to build confidence. It is a skill that will last a lifetime.
The College’s competition is an excellent opportunity to build on a communication skill that is needed in every walk of life, whether it be a speech at a family wedding, an interview with media, a presentation at a conference, or a maiden speech in Parliament.
This competition is open to all students, Years 4-12. The Year 4 students are not in competition but receive valuable experience in public speaking.
The dates of the competition are:
- Adjudicator's Workshop:
Thursday, 5 September, 4.00pm
- Year 4: Thursday, 12 September, 4.30pm
- Years 5 - 7 Heats: Tuesday, 15 October,
Year 5 4.15pm, Year 6 6.00pm, Year 7 7.15pm
- Years 8 - 12 Heats: Thursday, 17 October
Yrs 8 & 9 4.30pm, Yrs 10 & 11 6pm, Yr 12 7.15pm
- Years 5 - 7 Finals: Tuesday, 22 October, 4.30pm (Grand Finals straight after Finals)
- Years 8 - 12 Finals: Thursday, 24 October, 4.30pm (Grand Finals straight after Finals)
The closing dates for the competition entries are:
- Year 4: Tuesday, 27 August
- Years 5 – 12: Friday, 13 September
For further information, Public Speaking Topics and entry forms visit the College website click here.
Old Collegians Social Event - Poolside Soiree
A.B. Paterson College Alumni and partners are invited to our next Old Collegians social event, poolside at the Surfers Paradise Marriott Resort & Spa on Saturday, 23 November 2019 from 6-8pm.
Enjoy complimentary food and drinks, while reminiscing with former students and staff.
RSVP is essential before Friday, 1 November 2019 by email to email@example.com
Remember to 'like' our A.B. Paterson College Alumni - Old Collegians page to keep up to date with events. https://www.facebook.com/events/451717619018030/
Tucker-bag Menu for Term 3
TO VIEW OR DOWNLOAD THE TUCKER-BAG MENU FOR TERM 3 2019, PLEASE CLICK HERE.
Thank you for supporting A.B. Paterson College
On behalf of A.B. Paterson College thank you for your ongoing support – well done to you! You can continue to support us by purchasing the 19|20 Entertainment Membership.
You’ll enjoy exclusive savings for everything you love to do, including:
- Dining, cinema, theme parks, events and attractions
- Travel package rates including thousands of hotels and resorts
- Flights, car rental and gift cards
Purchase your 2019 | 2020 Entertainment Membership!
SUPPORT US NOW! www.entertainmentbook.com.au/orderbooks/1r44178
Co-Curricular Directory 2019
The Co-Curricular Directory details information about Performing Arts Choir and Instrumental rehearsal schedule, Instrumental Lessons, Sport and other co-curricular programs available before and after school.
We are now on Instagram!
For Instagram fans,you can now follow us at www.instagram.com/a.b.patersoncollege/
Check out the College Facebook Page!
Regular updates are being posted on the A.B. Paterson College Facebook page, so please visit our page at https://www.facebook.com/abpatersoncollege and ‘Like’ us so that you can remain in contact.
Student Services Phone Number 55 614 137
To improve our service to parents, the College has reviewed the Student Services phone number to enable phone queries to be directed to the relevant area of the College.
Parents calling Students Services on 55 614 137 will notice that this number has redirection options:
- 1. Student Absences;
- 2. Junior School enquiries;
- 3. Senior School enquiries; and
- 4. Sport and Co-curricular Activities.
Please note that Student Services also has an email address for reporting student absences at firstname.lastname@example.org
Other direct numbers parents are able to use are:
College Clinic 55 614 139
Uniform Shop 55 614 131
Swimming Centre 55 614 167
After School Care 55 614 155
Early Childhood Centre 55 715 333
For all other enquiries, please use the 55 947 947 number (Reception).