Co-Curricular - The Arts
Opportunities in the Arts
Students can choose from a range of activities, though we expect all will experience Public Speaking and Debating either through class work or in the co-curricular programme.
- Choirs from Prep to Year 12 – competition and performance opportunities
- Junior, Intermediate and Senior Bands; Junior and Senior Strings; Jazz and Contemporary instrumental trios, quartets and ensembles
- Junior, Intermediate and Senior Dance Troupes
- Annual College Musical, Vocal Festival and Senior Play
- Annual Splendid Visions Art Exhibition and opportunities for external art exhibitions
- Public speaking – Rostrum, Lions, A.B. Paterson College events (poetry competition Years 1-6; A.B. Paterson College Public Speaking Competition Years 4-12 (open to external students) and an Inter-House Public Speaking Competition)
- Debating – Gold Coast and QDU
House competitions include both sporting and artistic areas and contribute to our strong College spirit, and that sense of belonging so important in the enjoyment of school life.
Vocal Festival - 12 May 2018
The A.B. Paterson College Vocal Festival is an Eisteddfod-style performance event, but with a less competitive approach. The focus is on involvement and personal achievement in an encouraging environment.
There are opportunities for A.B. Paterson College students from Years 4-12 to perform for adjudicator Robert Stewart, from the QLD Conservatorium of Music, and receive a report with positive and constructive feedback, and a ribbon. All students will be awarded a ribbon, based on personal performance level, and special awards will be awarded across sections.
Sections will be held on Saturday, 12 May 2018, in the Dawn Lang Performing Arts Centre.
For more information is available in our Information Sheet.
Students wishing to participate in this event need to submit a Vocal Festival Entry Form no later than Thursday, 29 March 2018.